Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ola Dubh 16 Year old and a lamb Pie!

I've been promising to taste Ola Dubh with some sort of pie since I first tasted the series last year so this morning I went to the pie stall in Dun Laoighaire this morning and got myself a tasty looking lamb pie.

It took about 30 mins to cook the pie in the oven but it was definitely worth it. Very flavorsome and and it really added to the main attraction - Ola Dubh 16 year old

I am not going to attempt a long winded description for one good reasons; my buddy Scotty produced a near poetic description which I want to get permission to put here.
My very simple description is thus; Beautiful flat appearance, full bodied dark color with a coffee aroma. The flavor is rich and diverse, most definitely smoky hints of highland park, but mingled with a vanilla / coffee tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment