Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Year of Beer

I'm changing phones at the moment so I decided to get all the photos off the old and I discovered a huge treasure trove of Beer photos, mostly beers that I opened planning to review, then drank a second one and forgot. Which means that I have to do it all over again :)



Bacon Beer - actually tastes and smells like bacon!
No memory of this one!
Always find Anchor steam too bitter and hoppy - Doesn't mean I don't keep trying!
Aventinus - 8.2% and German, Nuff said!
Baltika 8 - Russian wheat beer
Selection of beers from early on in the year - Duvel, Ola Dubh and Headless Dog are still favourites!
Blue Moon - Fantastic replacement for Hoegaarden creamy texture with distinctive orange rind and coriander aromas - I nearly drank a bar dry of it in Kildare
No memory of this one!
Brooklyn Pennant Ale - I expected more of this
Don't remember much flavour wise but I do remember being quite impressed by it
Chimay - Peres Trappistes no memory at all
Another Nice selection, The ODell and Dogfish heads are well worth a look, Hollows Ginger Ale is beautiful
Wasn't for me
Dark microbrewed Slovakian Beer- reviewed elsewhere in the blog
Delirium Tremens - A Belgian classic, strong % with the smooth finish, very distinctive bottle
Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial Ale - reviewed in the blog
Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre - reviewed in the blog
Duvel 8.5% - Another classic, lovely flavour, was €1.89 a bottle in Tesco Ballybrack
Erdinger Alkoholfrei - The best 0% I've tasted (yet)
The tastiest Gluten Free beer I've tasted, perfect for a house party, bit expensive though
Fullers 1845 - Special brew by Fullers of whom I am a huge fan
Fullers Honey Dew, beautiful honey flavoured beer, would be perfect for a summers day
Fullers Discovery - No clear memory ofthis one
Fullers ESB - Another tasty offering from Fullers
Gluten free beer in Boston - I didn't drink any of these
Goose Island - Another of my favourite breweries
Goose Island Matilda - almost like a wine, caramel flavours
Goose Island Pere Jacques - Closer to the belgian style
Goose Island Sofie - Reviewd in the blog
Pint of the black stuff- poured by me (I'll never be a bar man)
Harviestoun Ola Dubh 12 - beautiful scottish dark beer matured in highland park whiskey casks
Harviestoun Ola Dubh 16 - reviewed in the blog
Headless Dog in Bull and Castle - Fantastic Belfast Beer, tasty and light
Hollows Ginger Beer - Slightly lighter than Crabbies
Don't think I tasted this, was going email the picture to George Hook
Anchor Steam Humming Ale - Reviewed in the blog

JW Dundees Honey Brown - beautiful honey finish, quite light - started me on my beer tasting hobby last year
Kirin Japanese beer - Can't remember too well
Hitachino Nest White  Ale - Coriander and orange, creamy finish
Kwak server in the proper glass in Belgium

La Biere Du Demon - 12% and strong, may have triggered an attack of Vertigo in Rome
Lat Trappe Dubbel - Belgian Abbey beer - no memory
Leffe Blonde - Classic Belgian drinking beer
Leffe Bruin - a dark beer perfect with food
Maredsous - same brewery as Duvel, also strong
Moosehead Pale Ale - good drinking beer from Canada Eh
Odell Barrel Pale Ale - No memory of the flavour
Odell Isolation Ale - reviewd in the blog
Curim Gold - Irish Brewery
O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale - Don't think I liked this one
No memory of this one at all
View of the craft beers brewed by the Porterhouse
Quillmes - Argentinian beer pleasant but not outstanding
Sam Adams Boston Lager - quite bitter wasn't one of my favourites
Sam Adams Old Fezziwig Ale - Fantastic beer will write a proper review when i find a bottle in Ireland
Sam Adams Utopias - Didn't drink this 25% and about $600 a bottle
Tasting Glass at the Sam Adams brewery
Sam Adams range and awards
Sam Adams 6 pack range
Sam Adams bottled range
Santa's Butt- dont remember this clearly - strong, very much a winter beer
Beer selection
No idea what so ever! Think I bought it because it was from Cornwall
Shiner - lovely Black Lager from Texas, very like Ola Dubh
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - too bitter for me but quite popular
Speights - no memory
Crazy bottles of wine in a dodgy off licence in Rome
Crazy bottles of wine in a dodgy off licence in Rome
No idea but it looks like something from the Porterhouse
Westmalle Trappist Dubbel - No memory
1752 blond beer in bratislava, bitter but enjoyable, brewed by the pub itself
Yuengling Lager and Black & Tan, Hoppy American beer - Oldest continuously  operating brewery in the United states

No comments:

Post a Comment