Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Humming Ale on a cold nite

Just back from the LAK's on a -3 C nite and since I have some work to catch up I feel entitled to Short but pleasant tipple. So with my newly acquired Beatles Anthology 3 I sat down with Humming Ale from the Anchor Steam Brewery.

I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of Anchor steam so I am quite happy to find something I like. The characteristic hoppy bitterness is still there but toned down. The guide says there are aromas of grapefruit but I think its a bit more like melon. Not very cloudy but not quite clear either. Alchohol content is respectable at 5.9%. The beer is a celebration of the revival of the brewery from near bankruptcy

I still wouldnt rush out to buy this but I wouldn't turn it down either. If you like bitterness and a nice strength then this will suit you?

No comments:

Post a Comment